Decorative Exterior Window Trim. Bathroom Decorative Mirrors.
Decorative Exterior Window Trim
- is the outermost window, the one exposed to the outside air or elements.
- Serving to make something look more attractive; ornamental
- Relating to decoration
- cosmetic: serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose; "cosmetic fenders on cars"; "the buildings were utilitarian rather than decorative"
- Make (something) neat or of the required size or form by cutting away irregular or unwanted parts
- Cut off (irregular or unwanted parts)
- Reduce the size, amount, or number of (something, typically expenditure or costs)
- a state of arrangement or appearance; "in good trim"
- spare: thin and fit; "the spare figure of a marathon runner"; "a body kept trim by exercise"
- pare: remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber"
Exterior House Trim
Curb appeal is the hot term in the housing market today, and Exterior House Trim shows homeowners how to improve the look of their homes through the use of trimwork and other decorative elements. Author Steve Willson uses his extensive housing experience to show readers how to match trim elements with the style of home. Exterior House Trim will cover door and window trim, porticos, porch trim, siding, cornices, dormers, cupolas, and much more. Exterior House Trim will inspire homeowners to improve the look of their homes and will show them how to make some of the repairs on their own.
Brown tan Victorian Rudolph and Augusta Seiler house
Rudolph and Augusta Seiler House, Oregon City, Oregon
This Queen Anne style house occupies a large double lot at the corner of Madison and 3rd Street. It has a steep gable roof with rakeboards and a molding trim. The exterior surface material is a channel siding with cornerboards. Vertical siding is used for the skirting around the house. The watertable and cap still exist, but have begun to deteriorate. Most of the windows are 1/1 double-hung surrounded by a simple board trim and many have fixed metal storm windows. Decorative features on this house include chamferred corners with pendants (not originals), fancy porch brackets, and a spindle rail in the gable. The house has an L-shaped plan and sits on a post and beam foundation. The property is surrounded by a picket fence. In the northwest corner of the backyard is a small outbuilding that has wood drop siding, cornerboards, and an old metal roof ridge. There is also a large apple tree in the yard. The 1982 survey notes that the single story porches and single story gabled wing are additions. If this is true, they appear to be very early additions.
Statement of Significance: Rudolph and August Seiler purchased two lots in 1895 and built their house shortly thereafter. Mr. Seiler was a German emigrant who worked in the Oregon City mills.
Judge Harvey Cross historic Italianate Victorian house, Oregon City Oregon
This large two story house sits under a front gable roof that is ornamented by a wide frieze and rake board with scroll cut brackets placed close together, giving the house an Italianate feel. This feeling is accentuated by the segmentally arched 1/1 double-hung wood sash windows throughout the house. The windows feature wide trim with decorative edge molding and scroll cut ornament above the second floor windows. The house is clad with drop siding with blocks at the corners to simulate quoins. A full width porch runs across the east facade with a second floor balcony supported by a series of tapered square columns set on concrete piers. A simple balustrade encircles the porch, which also contains an octagonal bay near the south end of the facade. A second octagonal bay is located on the south side of the house, covered by a shallow hip roof. A large brick chimney is located on the south wall of the house, east of the octagonal bay. A basalt retaining wall faces Washington Street on the east side of the lot.
The c.1888 Judge Harvey Cross House was constructed at another location and moved to this site sometime between 1911 and 1925. Cross was a prominent local and state politician and community leader.
decorative exterior window trim
DAP 18826 DAPtex Latex Multi-Purpose Insulating Foam SealantInnovative latex polymer foam technology. Seals out drafts, eliminates energy loss and prevents pest infiltration. Will not overexpand like polyurethane foam and is the best choice for sealing around windows and doors during installation. Proven not to bow, buckle or distort window and door frames. Also ideal for filling, sealing and insulating cracks and gaps around pipes, vents, outlets and above-ground foundations and crawlspaces. Non-clogging applicator and easy soap and water clean-up. Toolable and moldable. Paintable with latex paints once cured. Interior/Exterior use.DAP 18826 DAPtex Latex Multi-Purpose Insulating Foam Sealant Features:; Insulates, seals, and fills cracks, holes and gaps; Water cleanup; Controllable, toolable, paintable; Reusable can; Interior and exterior use; Long lasting white color; 12 ozDAP 18826 DAPtex Latex Multi-Purpose Insulating Foam Sealant Specifications; Unit Size: 12 oz; Color: White; SKU: 7079818826; Case Pack: 12; Weight: 13.5 lbs; Dimensions: 11x8.75x9; Cases / Pallet: 90
galley kitchen decorating ideas
fishing theme decor
jungle theme room decor
lemon kitchen decor
cool dorm decor
movie theatre decorations
modern home decorations
outdoor holiday decoration
| HOME |
Author:bear nursery decor
Welcome to FC2!
- BEAR NURSERY DECOR - BEAR NURSERY (10/02)
- CAKE DECORATING KITS FOR KIDS : KITS FOR KIDS (10/02)
- CHILDREN'S BIRTHDAY DECORATIONS - BIRTHDAY DECORATIONS (10/02)
- DECORATED BOOKS. DECORATED (10/02)
- DECORATING A COUNTRY HOME. COUNTRY HOME (10/02)
- DECORATING IDEAS FOR THE HOME - DECORATING IDEAS FOR (10/02)
- DECORATING IDEAS LIVING ROOMS. DECORATING IDEAS (10/02)
- DECORATING ROUND TABLES. DECORATING ROUND (10/02)
- DECORATING WINE BOTTLE. DECORATING WINE (10/02)
- DECORATIVE EXTERIOR WINDOW TRIM. DECORATIVE EXTERIOR (10/02)
- DRAGONS DECOR - DRAGONS (10/02)
- FAMILY ROOM DECORATING IDEAS PICTURES - FAMILY ROOM DECORATI (10/02)
- FLY FISHING HOME DECOR : FLY FISHING (10/02)
- HOME DECOR GALLERY : HOME DECOR (10/02)
- HOME DECORATING PAINT SCHEMES. PAINT SCHEMES (10/02)
- HOMEMADE CAKE DECORATING IDEAS : HOMEMADE CAKE (10/02)
- KIDS ROOM SPORTS DECOR : KIDS ROOM (10/02)
- LIVE LOVE LAUGH DECORATIONS. LAUGH DECORATIONS (10/02)
- MARILYN MONROE WALL DECOR - WALL DECOR (10/02)
- PARIS DECORATING IDEAS. DECORATING IDEAS (10/02)